2.09.2011

yum, yum and yum

I got this recipe from one of Brock's cousins.
and I thought "oh perrrfect, Brock LOVES granol bars (he eats about 4 a day, not kidding)"
but now I have a love/hate relationship with them, because these things are SO GOOD!
...like dangerously good.
We can't. stop. eating. them. And I may or may not have made three batches this week
- yes, I know it's Wednesday.

 Grandma Dodd's Granola Bars

Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup melted butter
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup wheat germ
2 Tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
3/4 cup semi-sweet choc chips

Directions:
Mix the first four ingredients, then add the rest and mix well. Press into 9x13 pan (I line the pan with parchment paper). Bake at 350F for

15-18 minutes. The corners will get a little tan looking when done. (If you don't cook long enough like I did the first time they are quite gooey - but still delicious. Most of the top should brown a little ideally).

Let cool about 10-15 minutes before flipping pan onto cutting board to cut up.
Number Of Servings:Up to you.
Preparation Time:25 minutes from start to finish.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

sounds so yummy amy!! I am going to try them. Caleb will love them I'm sure. He eats anything. And if its a new addiction I blame you :) haha

Cole and Paige Barnett said...

Will definitely have to try it out...thanks!

Catharine said...

So, I just finished making these for my hubby's lunches...

One question.

Where have they been all of my life?!

Thanks so much for sharing! :)

brock + amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brock + amy said...

Cathy, I am so glad you like them! I now store all the ingredients in bulk :)